From my plate to yours…happy holidays!
Archive for the ‘This and That’ Category
All posts in This and That category.
There are few movies that get me more pumped than the James Bond movies. This upcoming movie looks like it will be great as well – especially with the sweet Land Rover Defender in there. I am excited to see it in the theaters!
For the past few weeks we receive anywhere from 2-4 calls a day from some politician or some group that supports some other politician with some “important” message. I have also been inundated with email full of “panic” and “need to act right now OR ELSE” messages against this candidate or that candidate. While I avoided them for awhile – I started picking up this week. While some are annoying and I am able to unsubscribe or stop receiving them by opting out – I still get an occasional call that makes me shake my head.
Yesterday I got a call from someone who was spinning a very negative message on someone I respect, will vote for, and have a sign in my front yard supporting (Tammy Duckworth). As they spit out the first few sentences “Did you you..” I interrupted the person talking and said – “yes I did know and I plan to vote for them”. I thought I would get a “well did you know something else” or at the very least “well thanks for your time” – but instead I got dial tone.
People seem to be nastier and more aggressive this year with the election. I know we are all stressed out with everything going on – but let’s try to remember some common courtesy. Perhaps some of us should have watched more Sesame Street as kids to learn manners and right from wrong.
- Monday – the day the most work gets done with the most stress. #
- Congrats to #Penn State for their first win under Coach O'Brien this past Saturday vs. Navy. #oneteam #
- When dealing with an OOM error with your web host – find the memory hog, don't just add more memory. Temp fix != solution #
- Whoa – just found this and love it: http://t.co/GXLpHcRe #
- Finally made the move to Google Drive and I am loving it. Once again – nice work #Google #
- http://t.co/NfRhpwV2: Jappler Recommends: Google Drive http://t.co/An5JELnG #
- Just downloaded the new @Nike Fuelband firmware update. Does anyone know where they document the changes? #
- I would love to have a 1980s/1990s pop party with some Coke II and Crystal Pepsi. Now if only I could find them… #
- Saw @pauloakenfold last night before @Madonna. Both were absolutely amazing! in reply to pauloakenfold #
I am a big fan of L.L. Bean and have been for several years now. If I am not wearing something from Penn State – I am most likely wearing something from L.L. Bean. Last year I bought Evan a book bag from L.L. Bean and ever since we have been fighting with the zipper getting stuck. I finally decided enough was enough and took it back to L.L. Bean this past weekend. Without question, they looked up my receipt in their system and sent Evan and I over to pick out a new one. No hassle, no printed receipt needed. Overall – we were in and out within a few minutes and I was very impressed.
Good customer service is important and can go a long way to making customers happy customers. Thanks a lot L.L. Bean!